Periodontics (Gum treatment) can be divided into two main topics as follows.
1. Gingivitis is periodontal disease which causes inflammation on gum.
2. Periodontitis or Gumboil is periodontal disease which spread into alveolar bone and damage it. This will weaken teeth which result in tooth motility or seriously,
, it will get pus and inflamed, and at last drop off. The word “Peri” means “about or around”. Therefore, periodontal disease means disease affecting organs around teeth which is gum and alveolar bone.
Q : How do we know if we have periodontal disease?
A : Several warning signs that can signal a problem:
1. Red, swollen, tender gums and gums that bleed easily whenever brushing teeth.
2. Persistent bad breath or bad taste.
3. Gums that have pulled away from the teeth.
4. Having pus emerging from gums.
5. Permanent teeth that are loose or separating.